touchweight analysis

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Wed, 09 May 2001 22:47:05 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> It doesn't matter whether you adjust the leverage by moving the
> capstans or the knuckles, the re-hung action will require a deeper
> dip and possibly a a shorter blow. I'd go figure the capstans, be
> cause a mm error in the cap line will be magnified far less than one
> in the knuckle mounting

Bill,  you mind clarifying this a bit... It certainly would seem to matter
whether you change leverage from knuckle move or a cap'n'heel move... at
least from a friction standpoint... action spread ??... I certainly
understand that either will affect key dip neccessities...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.