Spanish Piano

Iņaki Coello coello@pianored.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 04:52:50 -0700

Well, I guess is a Juan Eslava piano or a Guarro hnos. piano. The apperance of Piano Tuners in Spain is so recent. Until 1950 there was no more than 10-15 tuners for all country. So the factories gave a tuning hammer to the pianist when they purchase the piano and say tune it yourself. This tuning hammers (T hammer) was square hole and all of them are broken in a few tuningsbecause they was bad quality. There is no factories in Spain now, so you canīt order more. I used the smallest tuning lever for piano and try to do my best when I have to tune this kinds of pianos (there is three sizes, isnīt it?). You will need more time, but there is no more choices: use your smallest (like Bechstein tuning pin size). Anyway, the spainsh stright strung used to be very bad pianos. TRy to avoid them. You canīt guarantee a good job and they will sound bad anyway.
Iņaki Coello Gómez.
Valladolid. Spain

Pianos en la Red?  ->  http://www.pianored.com
E-Mail Gratis?  ->  http://www.pianored.com/email