perfect pitch in animals

Tom J Armstrong pianostom@juno.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 07:23:18 -0700

Dogs are remarkable creatures.  They are often employed as helper canines
for people who are hard of hearing.  They can alert them to smoke
detectors, telephone ringing, doorbells, etc.  My dog can recognize the
sound of my car engine over my neighbors.

Now perhaps certain dogs can help hearing impaired technicians.

I propose a new PTG membership designation:   BARC  (Beneficial Aural
Reflex Canine)

An additional test would have to be carefully designed and administered
by trained CTE's.