perfect pitch in animals (OT)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 11 May 2001 13:18:52 -0500

>...I finally discovered that he was reacting to
>the faint beep that the smoke detector makes every few minutes when the
>battery is low...
>Charles Neuman

Try this out for size!

I have has a dog door that leads out into a dog run.  If any of the seven
smoke detectors low battery signals goes off, Molly, the resident dog,
makes a bee line for the dog door to the run and stays out there until I
replace the battery and assure her all is well.

How I found out?  Came home late one day when it was drizzin' rain only to
found her outside soaked and shaking to the bone.  One of the detectors was
signaling low battery.

Course of action ... for years I replaced all the batteries on a regular
basis before one could have a chance to go off.

I always thought that was a pretty amazing thing to happen.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild