perfect pitch in animals - getting well off-topic

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 12 May 2001 12:44:03 -0400

Parrots are incredible mimics!  There's one in my customer base who can
mimic the ringing of the cordless phone with such uncanny accuracy that it
is unnerving.  Things got really wild once when the cordless really was
ringing, and the parrot mimicked it from another room, complete with the
silent intervals between rings.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. Verkoelen" <lverkoelen@pineknot.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 8:35 PM
Subject: RE: perfect pitch in animals

Never had a problem with a dog. One of my clients does have a parrot. The
first time I tried to tune the treble the parrot started repeating the
notes, (close enough to really create a problem.) Finally had to have them
remove the parrot when I tune the piano.

Louis Verkoelen
Associate Technician
Big Bear City CA.