perfect pitch in animals

Newton Hunt newtonhunt@netzero.net
Fri, 11 May 2001 15:38:34 -0400

My dog Lolly was a registered therapy dog, she visited rehabilitation
hospitals and worked with the therapists to get the patients to do what
the therapist had in mind for that patient.  Patients will respond to a
dog, even those patients who are comatose, in ways they will not to any
other stimuli.

Because of her work activity she was with me often when I tuned pianos.
I was her transportation and handler.

She knew the difference between work time and play time.  As long as I
was tuning she was silent but as soon as I started testing and running
scales she began to howl.  She also howled when Jean or Portia played
the piano at home.

She did enjoy people at walked into a hospital as if she owned the
place.  Which she did.

		Newton

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access