OSLUND KEY MACHINES

Jim H Markley jim.markley@gte.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 09:18:57 -0700

I received a lot of interest in the two Oslund machines and although a =
day
late, here is the latest:  In my original posting the bid price was =
listed
as a minimum of $500.00.  The highest offer I have received is $300.00.
Slight change, I'll "entertain" any bids over the current high of =
$300.00
but reserve the right to not sell if the highest bid doesn't meet or =
exceed
the $500.00 level.

Since I was late in responding to you all, I'll extend the closing time =
5:00 PM today (P.S.T.).

Remember that the high purchaser is responsible for paying shipping!

This is pretty much all you need to get started in recovering keys, =
don't
let this one get away from you!

The following is the original description that was sent out:
The total package is:

1. Oslund surfacer

2. Oslund Key Master

3. Extra blades

4. Homemade key press carousel. It holds about 8 keys for gluing at a =
time
and mounts to a bench vise (approx. 4" opening required).

5. Homemade key vise for single keys. Also mounts to a bench vise (1"
opening required).

6. Original brochures, instructions, and correspondence from Herbert =
Oslund.

7. Heating iron for ivory removal.

Shipping weight: The brochure says that the key master weighs 50 pounds. =
We
presume that the resurfacer weighs a similar amount. The other =
equipment,
though bulky, is considerably lighter. All shipping costs to be paid by =
the
buyer. You can pick up the machines (Washington D.C. area) or we can =
take
them to a shipping place for packing and shipping.

We believe the machines to be complete and in good condition but they =
are
being sold AS IS. They were purchased in 1958 and have not been used for
about 20 years.

Payment to be made by Cashier's check or money order.

PRICE: $500.00 U.S. (plus shipping) or best offer received by Sunday May
13th, noon PST. I will send each bidder the current high price on =
Saturday
May 12th.

Sincerely, Jim Markley
and oh yeah, Happy Mothers Day!