Larudee's mystery - Was: Ditch the tuning pin bushings

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 10:36:35 -0500

Paul L.,

You wrote:
<<Obviously, oversize pins remove us even farther.  That is why I designed
my pins.  They are oversize where they need to be, but the same size as
standard pins at the coils, and therefore with the same torque
characteristics as standard pins.  It is even possible to reduce from a size
2/0 to a 1/0 without putting in a new pin block.  >>

Forgive my ignorance about this concept, but I have a question. Do you not
want the pin to be smaller in the block to give the more precise,
incremental movement? I am having a hard time picturing why a reduced top
half and an 3/0 bottom half gives more precision than a straight 2/0 pin.
Or, are you saying that it is more cost effective to repin with oversize
pins but have a regular size top half than to replace the block?

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com