Sharp organ

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 15 May 2001 22:58:12 EDT

<<"As for making

a joyful noise unto the ....., that belongs on another list, IMHO.

Regards,

Joe Garrett">>

I applied the 'Torella rule' to this response....and nothing I have seen in
the interveining 24 hours has changed my mind vis a vis my reply........JB

This is completely uncalled for and is an example of PC run wild or at least
a sophmoric response to a very valid statement.......the thread is/was about
"Church" organs/music/pianos and what the heck is the purpose of these???
Is it just to give the music committee something to do?
Is it just to give salesmen someone to sell to?
Is it just to give a congregation something to strive for through their
organ/piano/music fund?
 No, it is about making a "joyful noise unto the Lord" not the Baptist Lord,
or the Methodist Lord, or the Episcopal Lord, or the Jewish Lord, or the
Hindu Lord .......simply about making a "joyful noise unto the Lord". To make
an offhand comment recognizing the objective of having a 'Church' organ in
the first place is not in any way shape or form something that should be
"apoligized" for. Anyone that finds Rogers comment objectionable should not
spend their money or accept any more U.S. money because it says "In God We
Trust"......likewise they should not follow the mandates given out by the
Congress or the Supreme Court because each of these 'government' institutions
have a "Chaplain" and start each session with a "prayer".
Following this reasoning then we should pay no attention to our 'President'
because they each accept their duties "So help me

  Keep the PC platitudes close to the vest...........if something to clear up
space is needful, or relevant, try trimming replies/responses to the
pertinent items and don't send endless copies of text and HTML with
Just my not humble opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)