Special tuning pins

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 16 May 2001 14:14:25 -0700

Joe,

Point taken.  I read your post, although I'm not in a position to comment on
your bushing method since I have not experienced it.  I have no reason to doubt
that it is a major improvement over standard bushing methods.

At this point, my pins are not even intended as an alternative to a system like
yours, although that is one potential application.  Right now, its purpose is
merely to be able to repin and yet have pins which are functionally standard
size even though they fit snugly in oversize holes.  Reduction of flagpoling is
an application for another day, although I must say that in terms of design I
prefer something which operates on precisely the same axis as the hole rather
than depending upon the mating of the plate to the block.  There is a potential
for different degrees of compression on the bushings if the mating is not the
same at every hole and perfectly stable over time.

Paul