3M sandpaper

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 16 May 2001 18:41:27 -0400

Terry,
    I used it thinned after the Accuspray 230 had been running for a while so
the turbine was somewhat heated. As heated as they get anyway. I thinned it
with water about 1:4 water to PSL. It did orange peel something awful. I then
tried to change the delivery volume with straight product and had a better
spray the second time. Still not what I would have liked but a little better.
My third attempt with straight PSL (after which I waited and sanded the next
evening) I opened the in line valve and put it on heavier with no orange peel
at all.
    I think it likes a heavy air flow with not too much product in the mix.
That was the last thing that worked for my system anyway. I tried to sand out
the bumps the next evening and that's when I had the trouble with the product
balling up and cutting into the finish with the fre-cut gold. I ended up
knocking it down with the Scotchbrite pad and then had a flat surface to
attach the decal to. I'm now trying to clean up a bit to eliminate more of
those little floatie things that always end up in the finish. I hope to spray
again tonight and maybe again tomorrow and then sand a little this weekend
before more coats next week. That's the plan Stan (Simon and Garfunkel).
    Did this answer your questions?

Greg