Sohmer Grand

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 May 2001 17:58:49 EDT

Clark writes:
<<damper flanges wobbly.  Noticed that they are glued in to the damper tray,
and 4 have come loose.

    They don't want me to do much to it except make it work, just sell it
pretty much like it is. >>

My first impulse is to tell you to run, don't walk, away from this job.  The
piano sounds like it has hammered pins, failing glue joints, and will be a
source of continuing problems for who ever owns it.  Do you want to inherit
that kind of situation?
   If the budget only allows a "band-aid patch-up", you must decide if you
can afford to do it or not, since your quality of work will be associated
with the quality of the piano when you get done.  You are building your
reputation with this, so be careful of getting into an endless briar-patch.
Regards,
Ed Foote,
Been there, done that, probably do it again before it is all over.