agraffe bridges & Sohmers

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 May 2001 10:06:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/01 8:10:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
draine@mediaone.net writes:

> Dear List,
> Do any of you have information on Sohmer grands with agraffe bridges?

I have a couple of these in my file. The sound of these pianos is rather
unique. I called it a wolf sound. Although they are nice instruments, it
isn't worth the expense of recapping the bridges. As long as the piano stays
in tune, leave well enough alone. If anything, you might want to restring the
bass, and rebuild the action to make it play better.

Willem