Sangler & Sohne Serial Seizing Centers

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 19 May 2001 16:23:39 -0400

According to The Piano Book by Larry Fine, this make of piano is made by =
the Pearl River Group in China, unless it is the 47" upright, which is =
made in Belarus.  The warranty is for 10 years, parts only.  (How much =
does a packet of centerpins cost versus how many hours will it take to =
install them properly?)  Sounds like this piano's problems will put you =
between a rock and a hard place without your shirt intact.

Perhaps the ceiling is the best place to send the nursing home =
management -- they have the choice of paying for the entire job to be =
done right, or of buying a whole new better-grade of piano.  It's a =
no-win situation, and I'd hate to see any technician get caught in the =
middle of something like this as people try to get out of paying for the =
necessary work or for a better instrument.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Allan L. Gilreath, RPT=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 12:45 PM
  Subject: RE: Sangler & Sohne Serial Seizing Centers

  Dave,

  We've run into something similar on a couple of brands.  As I'm not =
sure who the manufacturer of the Sangler is, it's difficult to diagnose =
more.  However, contact the dealer and the manufacturer to see if this =
can be covered under warranty.  A systemic problem like this certainly =
sounds like IMO, the proper remedy is to repin all of them with proper =
technique.  It's interesting that the wippen flange is the one freezing =
and not the hammer flange as this is where I usually find this to show =
up.

  BTW, we will have several classes on dealing with action centers as =
well as hands-on opportunities at the Annual Convention & Institute in =
Reno.  Also there will be plenty of factory techs and other experienced =
technicians whose brains you can pick.

  Hope to see you there.

  Allan
  Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
  Assistant Director - TEAM2001
  July 11-15, 2001 - Reno, NV
  agilreath@mindspring.com
  http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
  Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
  Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale =
Probst, RPT=20