Scaling Problem reduex

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 19 May 2001 20:40:21 -0700

    Thanks to all who have responded to my query. Most of the people who =
are commenting on this problem are commenting on the GH1, which does =
have this problem to some extent, but not quite as badly as the GA1, =
which is being produced in Indonesia. I have nothing but the greatest =
respect for Yamaha, and their products, (I own two) but I can't =
understand why that company, which is the most advanced in the world, =
could produce a product with such obvious poor planning. The Kawai =
GE1-AS blows these things away, and sells for less. I've prepared the =
Kawais for professionals who couldn't afford anything more at the =
moment, and they love them.=20
    The Japanese are such industrious and intelligent people, that you =
would think that surely they would stop and go back to the drawing-board =
before shipping one.
    If I tuned nothing but Yamaha grands, I could spend out my days in =
relative happiness. But I just don't get it with these really small ones =
that are starting to come out on the market.
    But I'm not working to please myself. I just don't want a customer =
to buy one, and then think that it's a tuning issue, like I should be =
able to just fix it in three to five minutes. I'm a "technician"  not a  =
"magician".

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20