Scaling problem

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 20 May 2001 00:23:24 -0500

>I'm a long way from being a scaling sage, but I'll vote poor design with Joe.
>The only claims I've heard for improving the problem with voicing are from
>Roger Jolly, but he's just blowing steam. Sorry Roger, couldn't help myself.

Hi Ron,
             Lets be clear, on my opinion,   Voicing can minimize the
problems at the break.
The voicing does not solve the problem, just gets the the two sections
balanced. Trying to get smooth triad progression across the break is a
major chore.
These models. I do not stock any more because of the scaling problem. It's
an on going job to keep them balanced across the break area.
With the bass scale the way it is, about half a dozen wound bi chords would
be needed at the end of the long bridge to smooth things out.
Regards Roger
Not in the least bit steamed. This area, I needle the heck out of the
suckers, hard and deep.