Lynn Rosenberg Virus Mailing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 08:37:05 -0500

Lynn didn't mail us these attachments, the virus on his system did -
apparently from information obtained by the virus from old "in" box
accumulation. They're getting nastier all the time. Lynn is, I think, a
blind tuner who shows up on the list from time to time. In his messages to
the list the words "there" and "their" were usually (always?) spelled
"they're". There were other anomalies that lead me to think that he was
using a voice recognition system to dictate messages. He almost certainly
uses a text/speech system to read his messages. I don't know how these
systems work, but it's possible that he received an infected attachment
from elsewhere, and his software aids "helped" him out by opening the
infected attachment for him. He may not even be aware that anything unusual
has happened.

Ron N