M&H damper spoons update

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 20 May 2001 13:16:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/20/01 10:50:53 AM Central Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
 writes:

> Ultimately, it was Bill Bremmer's suggestion, reprinted below that solved
> the
> problem.

Thank you for saying so.  I got that tip and procedure many years ago, about
1978 or 1979 at a Madison Chapter meeting where a film that described
vertical damper regulation was shown.

I don't remember who made the film but if it can be found or if anyone has
the desire to create a new video that can be put on CD-ROM, it would be well
worth it.  For some reason, many techs see Vertical Regulation as being
beneath their dignity but when it comes down to really doing it, it surprises
me how many techs fall short on the skills to do it efficiently and properly.

I'm so glad you found my suggestions useful.  To me, it is simply the way to
do it that I learned so long ago and it surprises me that most techs wouldn't
know this as well.

Sell the piano!  Make some money!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin