Lynn Rosenberg Virus Mailing

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 20 May 2001 13:31:49 EDT

I was fooled by this posting but after reading what has probably happened, I
don't blame Lynn.  I get posts with attachments all the time which I delete
without reading but because this was piano related and not from the Pianotech
List, I opened them.  Whatever was in the attachments could not be read.  The
error message said that they were "corrupt files".  They were sent to the
Download folder in my AOL file.

The text in both messages was also what others have reported:  long ago posts
which prompted me to "see the attachment".  Then, I read Kevin Ramsey's
warning.  I quickly went to that folder and deleted those files.  I also ran
a thorough scan of my hard drive for errors and found that I had none.  After
shutting down today, I will run the defragmenter.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to look for any damage that
may have been done?  So far, I have seen no adverse effects.  The only
address in my address book that would concern List members is the "Pianotech"
address itself. But I have other important names in that book too such as
University professors because I am an active voice student at the University
of Wisconsin.  I sure wouldn't want them to get something from my account
that would mess up their computers.  So far, my "Sent Mail" list only shows
mail I have deliberately and purposefully sent.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin