Carton??

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 12:40:21 -0600

Ed,
Thou describest a bird cage me thinks.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ed Carwithen=20
  To: Piano Tech List=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:17 PM
  Subject: Carton??

  A music store in the area has just taken an old piano into the store.  =
I don't know why.  It is a wreck.  I suggested that they immediately =
remove it to the dump.  Still I would like to know about it if anyone =
has any information.

  It is a Carton.  Taller than a spinet, not quite a console, #4805. The =
dampers are situated in a block that extends over the pins and top of =
the strings.  Probably the damper arrangement would have to be removed =
in order to tune it.  The harp does not extend the width of the piano, =
only about 3/4 of the width, not extending to the high treble of the =
piano. =20

  This piano has missing hammers, whippens, a split sound board, and =
broken strings.  The cabinet looks very nice even though the top cover =
is not original and is pretty badly beaten up.  The music rack folds =
sideways on a metal contraption. =20

  Any info at all????

  Ed Carwithen
  John Day, OR