Lynn Rosenberg Virus Mailing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:55:38 -0500

List,
My posting was in no way intended to suggest a way to deal with this thing
by any means other than professionally supplied utilities. It was intended
as a reference URL for concerned people to go to and read for themselves
how this thing works, and what to do about it. My intention in posting this
information was to hopefully head off the numerous random conspiracy
speculations that seem to inevitably follow each and every one of these
virus episodes.

It was intended as a starting point for an educational opportunity, not an
education. The worm's author's solid understanding of basic human nature is
amply reflected by the postings to the list so far. The programming of
these worms usually isn't all that sophisticated. It's the psychology of
the presentation and action of the worm that is really dangerous, and we
ought to be actively looking into what we're up against. It's only going to
get worse with time.

Ron N