Damper guide easing

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:35:17 -0500

>>Question:  Has anyone tried easing them with a _heated_ damper guide rail
>>bushing tool?  I was considering chucking that tool in the electric iron
>>and
>>easing them with the dampers still in the piano.   Thanks!

Hi Lance,
                Lightly grip the wire below the guide,( careful to not bend
it) with electric shank bending pliers, then vigourously actuate the damper
by hand to burnish the bushing. But it's only a 50/50 shot to cure the
problem. Most times it's a travel problem.
Learning how to take dampers in and out at will, and analysing the problem
is the way to go.
Regards Roger