Church Pianos on a Mouse-Sized Budget [was Re: Kids and Pianos]

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:47:11 -0400

I have this exact situation at my church.  The last minister secretly
donated a Baldwin "Classic" Grand to our church, before he left for another
congregation.  This all occurred before I got into the Business.  I'm sure
he felt that he was doing a good deed since he had been told (by a tech
living on birddog fees)that our Baldwin Hamilton "wasn't worth fixing"
(actually, it didn't even NEED fixing).  They tell me that we should be
grateful for getting the piano for nothing, I continue to tell them that
free pianos are often worth every penny.

My solution occurred(for my home church at least) when I was elected to the
Deacon board!

Our piano isn't horrible, but I know that Bro. Bill could have gotten more
for his money with a little education.  I always offer consulting services
for churches buying pianos, but no one has taken me up on the offer yet...

The battle against ignorance never ends...

mitch ruth
DeMossville, KY