health insurance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:50:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/01 10:09:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> What do you folks do for health insurance coverage for your families?
> Assuming you don't have a spouse covered by an employer plan, what other
> options do you consider? We just learned that health insurance for our
> family (my self-employed wife, our 12-year-old son and me) will go up to
> over $600/month. There's gotta be a better way - any ideas?
>
> Terry Farrell

For Jan and I, (we're in our mid fifties) we pay $550 per month for Blue
Choice, which is an HMO. Unfortunately, good private health care is
expensive, no matter where you go. Paul Monroe, our Sec/treas. mentioned that
Congress is going to pass a bill which would allow non-profit groups like the
PTG to offer group health insurance. If that does become a reality, I am
guessing that we could get policies that would run about $200 -- $250 per
person per month. Still not cheap, but better than what we're paying now.

Willem