health insurance

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:08:26 -0700

That sounds like a dream come true. Sounds like we need to let our =
Politico types know our feelings.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:50 AM
  Subject: Re: health insurance

  In a message dated 5/23/01 10:09:36 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    What do you folks do for health insurance coverage for your =
families?=20
    Assuming you don't have a spouse covered by an employer plan, what =
other=20
    options do you consider? We just learned that health insurance for =
our=20
    family (my self-employed wife, our 12-year-old son and me) will go =
up to=20
    over $600/month. There's gotta be a better way - any ideas?=20

    Terry Farrell=20

  For Jan and I, (we're in our mid fifties) we pay $550 per month for =
Blue=20
  Choice, which is an HMO. Unfortunately, good private health care is=20
  expensive, no matter where you go. Paul Monroe, our Sec/treas. =
mentioned that=20
  Congress is going to pass a bill which would allow non-profit groups =
like the=20
  PTG to offer group health insurance. If that does become a reality, I =
am=20
  guessing that we could get policies that would run about $200 -- $250 =
per=20
  person per month. Still not cheap, but better than what we're paying =
now.=20

  Willem=20