Key Leading revisited

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 24 May 2001 14:08:14 +0200

Well here we are again Sophie my old girl...

Just got this in about a course at the Reno Convention... by
Stannwood himself. I mentioned that I had done an experiment that
showed a smoother up and down weight by concentrating more leads in
the center and somebody who declared himself an ex-genuis type
engineer...grin... said he repeated my experiment and could not
duplicate the results... I of course re checked a few times and got
the same results as I first did... but figured ahhhh drop it....
grin... Anyways... from David Stannwoods course description this
year..

"We will feature a new demonstration with a piano key mounted on a
metronome to show how more keyleads close to the balance rail take
less force to move than less keyleads further
out with a discussion of how key lead patterns may be designed to
enhance action quality."

Now I know force isnt the same as inertia... but all these are
interelated when it comes to how the action behaves (in all
respects) when you put a weight on the key.... In anycase...I still
note that putting equivalant fw weights with a bit more mass towards
the center invaribly gives me a smoother UW / DW reading.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.