Lindner Piano

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 16:02:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I'm based in London, UK and I am astonished to see
that the dreaded Lindner piano travelled so far and
wide across the globe.  It was originally made at
Shannon, Ireland in the 1970s and people were
attracted to the cheap price.  There is nothing you
can do with these - I always refuse to service them
now - I've had so many difficulties in the past.  As
far as I know you cannot get any parts for them.  The
original factory went bankrupt (and good thing too!)

The other piano tuner's nightmare, at least in the UK,
was the Eavestaff mini piano, one model had the tuning
pins under the keyboard so that you had to sit on the
floor to tune it!  Later models were more conventional
and easier to deal with.  But Lindner pianos are
trouble with a capital T!

Bob Wilson.