Your choice, please

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:48:53 -0400

>Yamaha U1 or U3
>
>They are the best workhorse I have ever seen. Too bad they insist on
>makeing all the Black ones in high gloss tho... Not the best finish for
>school rooms... but still...
>
>Clyde Hollinger wrote:
>
>>  Friends,
>>
>>  I read the negative stuff about Baldwin Hamiltons.  So I would like to
>>  know-- if a school wants to purchase new studio pianos, what would you
>>  recommend?
>  >
>  > Regards, Clyde

My vote would be for the Yamaha 45" P22. This is the size and price
range that most schools are looking for. They are real workhorses and
extremely well liked by schools & musicians.

The next size up is the T121 & U1, which are both 48". They have a
fuller sound due to the size difference. The T121 came out a few
years ago, same size as the U1 but at a more moderate price, falling
between the P22 and U1. The T121 is only available in polished ebony.

The U1 on the other hand IS available in satin ebony.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.