Lindner Piano

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Fri, 25 May 2001 18:25:12 +0200

> Hi!
>
> I'm based in London, UK and I am astonished to see
> that the dreaded Lindner piano travelled so far and
> wide across the globe.  It was originally made at
> Shannon, Ireland in the 1970s and people were
> attracted to the cheap price.  There is nothing you
> can do with these - I always refuse to service them
> now - I've had so many difficulties in the past.  As
> far as I know you cannot get any parts for them.  The
> original factory went bankrupt (and good thing too!)
>
> The other piano tuner's nightmare, at least in the UK,
> was the Eavestaff mini piano, one model had the tuning
> pins under the keyboard so that you had to sit on the
> floor to tune it!  Later models were more conventional
> and easier to deal with.  But Lindner pianos are
> trouble with a capital T!
>
> Bob Wilson.

And, as I live in Holland, and as Lindner was made originally by Rippen, I
wholeheartedly agree. Rippen sucks (they're finally and definitely broke
now) and Lindner SUCKS.
That reason only is enough to change nationality and move to another part of
the world.
the Eavestaff mini piano is enough to commit suicide or buy a ticket to the
milky way. I know a few more, but life is dreary enough........

Friendly greetings
from

André Oorebeek
Amsterdam, Holland