Walter

LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM
Fri, 25 May 2001 14:26:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/01 2:06:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ramsey@extremezone.com writes:

<<  As an aside; yesterday I went out for a tuning on a new Steinway B.
 Brand new, twenty two cents flat, no big deal. Pitch raised it, fine tuned
it. Then I asked the owner, a nice Korean lady, if she would like to try the
piano out before I left. Turns out she's basically a beginner. I told her
that if she ever wanted to up-grade to a better piano, she wouldn't be able
to. Must be great to start out at the top of the food chain.  >>

That would be a fine answer, except it isn't correct. There are quite a few
pianos higher up the food chain from a Steinway B. Or a D for that matter. A
lot of very fine pianos that are designed better, built better, sound better,
and play better get overlooked because too many people simply take a name and
make assumptions.

Not meaning to offend, just making the point. I do agree however that a
Steinway B for a beginner is a bit of overkill.

Larry