Walter

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:39:28 -0400

Walter grands are awesome. Only other piano I have heard with a singing =
top octave like the Walter is a Fazioli.
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 1:56 PM
  Subject: Walter

      Bill Bremmer wrote;

  "To echo Tom D's remarks, I'd much rather have spent yesterday the way =
I did=20
  rather than experience the nightmare and disappointment that Dave R. =
talked=20
  about.  Along with the Walter console and Steinway M I tuned, I think =
I made=20
  more money than I would have at a concert hall anyway."

      So, Bill, what's your opinion on the Walters? I find that they are =
really pretty impressive little consoles. I haven't seen any of their =
grands yet, but I here that they're pretty nice too.

      As an aside; yesterday I went out for a tuning on a new Steinway =
B.        Brand new, twenty two cents flat, no big deal. Pitch raised =
it, fine tuned it. Then I asked the owner, a nice Korean lady, if she =
would like to try the piano out before I left. Turns out she's basically =
a beginner. I told her that if she ever wanted to up-grade to a better =
piano, she wouldn't be able to. Must be great to start out at the top of =
the food chain.=20

  Kevin E. Ramsey
  ramsey@extremezone.com=20