Your choice, please

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 25 May 2001 22:10:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/01 8:58:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com (Clyde Hollinger) writes:

> Thanks for all your responses.  It appears that nearly everyone mentions
> the P22, and I do like them myself, in addition to the fact that a local
> dealer sells them at a very good price.

It is a very good choice for a school piano.  Although I have seen some
recurring defects such as the highest single wound strings breaking and
hammer heads coming loose, these problems seem to have been corrected.  It is
a *very* easy piano to service.  I used to pride myself in being able to tune
the piano twice over completely, remove and replace the action, tighten all
flanges and adjust the capstans in 55 minutes.

Good luck in dealing with the school district.  Maintain your position.
Emphasize that there is more to piano service than tuning alone.  They may
still go with the cheaper tuner but they may also learn their lesson the hard
way and come back to you afterwards.  It's happened to me many times.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin