Concert nightmares/no time

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 26 May 2001 01:15:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: David Renaud <studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 11:37 PM
Subject: Concert nightmares/no time

| Our local Arts Centre technician, and Yamaha man is away at a
| convention.
| He recommends me for tuning pianos at a string quartet festival at
our
| National Art Gallery....all week. . I should have stood up and

defended myself when the artist was ranting instead of standing
| there shocked.
|
|                                                    Dave Renaud
|                                                    RPT

Talk to the tech who recomended you before you say anything to anyone
else about your tribulations.
Since he made the recomendation you want him on your side before you
go into battle.  Besides it is really his battle.  If it is that
serious he has probably heard about it already.  One of these days it
will come your turn when a prize account says to you, "say about this
tuner you recommended while you were gone".  You want to find out if
this has transpired and if it hasn't you still want to hear what he
says about the "management" and how to deal with it.
    In this case it sounds like the management has headaches from the
performer and doesn't want more headaches from the tuner that they
know was unfairly knocked.  Again, the tech who recommended you should
be able to advise you about this.  ---ric