Your choice, please

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 12:09:51 -0400

Bill Schlipf wrote:

>Willem,  Yamaha quit using butt plates back in the 70's.  I would agree
>that before then butt plates were a problem and the pin centers needed to
>be checked at every service call,  but since that time I haven't
>experienced any difficulties.  Yamahas certainly play better than most
>Baldwin Studios.  The touch remains more consistant with the aging/use
>process.
>
>On Fri, 25 May 2001 15:26:12 EDT Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:
>>  In a message dated 5/25/01 8:25:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
>>  GBOLES@AOL.COM
>>  writes:
>>

>  > >

>  > I'm sorry, but Yamaha pianos fail after 10 years at the hammer butt.
>>  Too much
>>  stress for the little brass plate and screws.  That's been my
>>  observation.
>>
>  > Willem

I thought the same thing when I read Willem's post.

This is the single biggest thing we encounter when talking with
people. "someone told me not to buy a _________, because_________."
Of course often times the information was correct 20 years ago, but
not now.

Best thing is to take the time to get up to speed on what is available now.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.