Your(butt flange) choice, please

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 May 2001 18:30:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/01 10:58:50 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU writes:

> CA did  it again!  Size the hole.   I have also sized the butt  to make th=
e=20
> pin fit in the slot when the edges become enlarged.  Glue - screw on butt=20
> plate - let dry - check for free swinging center.    When the butt plate i=
s=20
> tight I find few =E2=80=98walking=E2=80=99 center pins. =20
>    =20

This is what I am talking about. I don't have as many "walking" center pins=20
problems with Hamiltons, or other studios. It seems that every time I tune a=
=20
Y in a school or church I have to take out the action to tighten butt screws=
=20
and push center pins back in. To me that is not right. We shouldn't have to=20
keep doing that. That is why I don't like Yamahas.=20

Willem=20