Damper Guide Bushing Problem

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 27 May 2001 13:15:34 -0400

I thought I would leave any reference off the Subject to Square Grands so
that someone would at least look at this post  ;-)

Does anyone know how to rebush (as if one in Florida and one in Wash., D.C.
isn't enough!) the damper guide holes on a square grand. These puppies are a
good two inches deep and go right through the plate and pinblock. They were
originally bushed through both. It appears a thin material of some sort was
used - rather than felt. The material kinda looks like some common modern
synthetic - like from a polyester or nylon shirt - thin like that. I realize
is must be cotton or some other natural fiber. Anyone know what the material
was? Anyone know of a good modern substitute, if needed? Anyone know where
to get it? Anyone know how to get a nice layer of it to line the damper
guide holes, i.e. how to install it?

Thanks for any help.

Terry Farrell