hammer shanks

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 May 2001 19:12:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/01 2:14:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
fandango@dakotacom.net writes:

<< I bought a set of Brooks "Encore" sh & fl recently. When I opened the
 box, I was surprised to see that the whole set had narrowed shanks. I've
 heard one comment to the effect that this was an improvement that
 cleared up some tonal problems in the bass. I haven't hung the hammers
 yet, so I don't have any impressions to offer. I wonder if any of you
 have had any experience with these shanks that you would share with the
 list?

 Bob Anderson
 Tucson, AZ

Call Wally and talk to him about it. Perhaps the order was sent by mistake,
or he can give you the reason for sending the narrow shanks.

Willem