It gets worse

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:18:34 +0930

Ron and all,

Today I glued the three ply soundboard back into its rough position,
released the tension on the bass strings so I could glue back the bass
bridge. Tomorrow I will reshape the hammers, tighten the screws, scrape some
of the chipwood of the keybed, level the keys, regulate and tune the Baldwin
Monarch for a new customer so her mentally handicapped son can play it.
Seems that he enjoys playing only acoustic pianos, so this is it. Its all
they can afford.

Hate doing it, personally I would prefer to throw it on the dump but when
you have no choice this is what you do.

Now I know that someone is going to be thankful that Baldwin made pianos and
particularly this one because it is still able to give a few more years of
joy to someone.

Yes they have the facilities, the people and the contacts, they need to make
pianos that are cost effective but good and fast. A new business plan, a new
piano (even if made from imported parts and sub-assembles) but they have to
keep going.

Lets hope that "It get worse" changes to "It gets better"

Tony Caught