Press Release RE Baldwin

Bill Jeffreys pianotx@airmail.net
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:35:03 -0600

Del and List,
Here is today's press release:

NASHVILLE, TN (November 1, 2001)>: Gibson Guitar Corporation announced
today that it has signed a letter of intent to purchase GE Capital's rights
under a contract to acquire the assets of the Baldwin Piano & Organ
Company. GE Capital, the secured lender for Baldwin, signed a contract to
acquire the Baldwin assets in a credit auction on October 15, after the
piano maker filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May of this year. GE Capital is
Baldwin's largest secured creditor.
"Our acquisition of Baldwin will represent a new exciting chapter in two
century-old musical instrument institutions, Gibson and Baldwin," said
Gibson Chairman and CEO Henry Juszkiewicz. "Both Baldwin and Gibson reflect
a dedication to American craftsmanship and product excellence and
innovation. We expect Baldwin to achieve new levels of growth and financial
success for it's employees, dealers and consumers as we make music in the
new century."

Bill Jeffreys
Tyler, TX