interval names

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:10:40 EDT

In a message dated 01/10/01 11:52:17 AM, nhunt@optonline.net writes:

<< Leave well enough alone and get used to the fact that as piano
technicians, like any other specialty, we have our own nomenclature.

I agree with Newton here. The thingees we work with are 'sharps' they are
shorter than 'naturals' and are black as opposed to white. Any 'sharp'
equipped key may be used to play any note and that note is identified only
within the context of other notes as played along with the root sharp
equipped key.
 Music theory has nothing to do with the technical aspects of action work per
se.
When the piano is back together and working properly then it is time for
theory to take precedence and even then no matter what augmented/diminished
chord is played it is still played by depressing a 'sharp' equipped key.
My view............ but perhaps I don't understand the discussion. :-)
 Jim Bryant (FL)