interval names

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:15:40 -0400

> Leave the names as they are.

Thanks Newton. I don't really need or want to get into a 'discussion' of
what the black thingees are called on the piano. Personally, I am trying to
adapt to a field where there is some semblence of uniformity in naming the
black thingees. Musically speaking, I know it is 'improper' to call G#3-C4 a
'3rd'..I do have a Composition degree and do know the difference. It gets a
little hairy when you 'tune' G#3 from D#3 and 'listen' to the Ab3-C4 3rd...

Theory has its place and its importance..so if we can leave that to the
theorists, that would be a good thing in my opinion..but what do Berklee
grads know, anyway.

Phil