Art Reblitz' New Book

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:08:35 -0500

Hello folks,

I just thought I'd let all of you know that Art Reblitz has
completed a new book, arguably the finest work of his career.
You probably recognize his name as the author of the now famed
"Piano Tuning, Servicing, and Rebuilding", (first and second
editions), and "Player Piano Servicing and Rebuilding".

His new book has just been released from the publisher for
purchase.  Art is a personal friend and has e-mailed me and a
number of other folks in advance to say that it was available.
He told me several years ago that he was working on this.  It has
since become the primary focus of his life so you can probably
imagine the amount of work that has been involved.  The book,
called "The Golden Age of Automatic Musical Instruments".  It is
448 pages with 9x5 pages and weighs in at well over 5 pounds.
The book contains hundreds of high quality glossy color pictures
of the interior and exterior of some of the most fantastic and
impressive music machines ever built, all painstakingly restored
to exact original condition.  Subjects include orchestrions, coin
pianos, reproducing pianos, band organs, fairground organs,  and
dance organs.  Key frame and tracker scales are also included.
This book is NOT a coffee table picture book.  It is a detailed
history book of mechanical music as well as an extensive
glossary, bibliography, and index.  The book is organized,
however not only for the advanced collector/rebuilder but also
for the casual enthusiast.

I have already read some reviews by credible well known
authorities and they have been fantastic.  I have ordered my copy
and I now await with great anticipation.  Because this kind of
book has a limited audience I am told that there may only be one
printing which means that you should reserve your copy right
away.   They are $125.00 each plus $5.00 shipping.  Ordered from:

Mechanical Music Press - R
70 Wild Ammonoosuc Rd.
Woodsville NH 03785

Voice/fax: 603-747-2636