THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:14:43 -0700

Brian Trout wrote:

> If we wanted to be ridiculous, we could say that
> hundreds of thousands of people are killed by
> automobiles every year so they should be made
> illegal and wiped from the face of the planet.
> It would solve the problem of people being killed
> by automobiles.

Brian,

As you say, much is debatable and it is a can of worms that even I don't
want to get into.  However, I just want to object to the comparison
between cars and guns.  The function of a gun is to kill or at least
inflict bodily damage, and all other uses, such as target practice,
collecting, etc., are subordinate to that function.  This is not the
case with automobiles.

Paul Larudee