THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- larudee@pacbell.net wrote:
>...<snip>  I just want to
> object to the comparison
> between cars and guns.  The function of a gun
> is to kill or at least
> inflict bodily damage, and all other uses, such
> as target practice,
> collecting, etc., are subordinate to that
> function.  This is not the
> case with automobiles.

Hi Paul,

Although I go along with that to a point, I can't
quite say I agree whole heartedly.

You are right.  The primary use of a car has
nothing to do with bringing bodily harm to
anyone.

And you are right that the case of the gun is
different.  The function of a gun is lethal
force... or is it??

And be fair with me on this one...

I look at gun ownership as something more like
insurance.  I hope to God I never need it, but if
I do, I wouldn't want to be without it.

The object is to have the tools to protect if the
need should arise.  I hope the need never does.
Nonetheless, there are instances in our history,
and these too are debatable, when an armed
citizen may well have saved many lives by the use
of a single bullet.

I've said enough.  No further comments.  No
disrespect or ill will intended.

Be well.

Brian T.

=====