Blonde Oak Benches

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:34:04 -0400

Thanks to all for their helpfulness, which in retrospect seems to
have been a much easier questioin than I expected.

At 11:46 PM -0700 10/1/01, Thomas Cole wrote:
>National Bench Co.
>1-800-696-2047
>bench@nationalbench.com
>
>Tom Cole
>
>Paul McCloud wrote:
>
>>    Try National Bench co.  They had a booth at Reno.  I don't have their
>>  address handy, but maybe someone on the list does.  The benches they
>>  sell are not finished, or they will do for extra $$$.  Well made, and
>>  reasonable prices.
>>      Paul McCloud
>>      San Diego

Thanks, I talked with Greg. They make the wooden parts in their piano
rebuilding shop and ship them out, raw with the hardware, for finish
matching in your shop.

At 7:22 AM -0400 10/2/01, Clyde Hollinger wrote:
>Well, did you try Yamaha?  If you are talking about the oak color that's
>currently in production (it's somewhat light) you should be able to order
>a new one from them.  I didn't know anyone still made that blonde oak
>that was so popular decades ago.
>Regards, Clyde

My nearby Yamaha dealer says that the last time they ordered a
separate bench from Yamaha, the ticket was around $300. I didn't need
to ask whether that was wholesale or retail.

At 11:13 AM -0500 10/2/01, Jon Ralinovsky wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>I noticed at the back of the Jansen catalog that Oakwood Benches add
>$58.35 to the cost of a bench.  It seems like a reasonable deal, and
>I'm sure you've dealt with Jansen before.  Also, GRK in Hamilton, OH
>(just down the road from me) offers oak benches - their catalog says
>that the frames are constructed of solid oak, and the top has a
>5-ply oak veneer.  This description is for their 'Top of the Line'
>benches, which run about $200.  The Jansen ones looked like around
>$260 with the oak option.
>
>GRK's phone # is 800/289-2362, or take a look on the web at www.grkmfg.com.
>
>Good luck!
>Respectfully,
>Jon

I should have looked in the price list, as you did.

At 10:35 PM -0400 10/1/01, Phil Bondi wrote:
>Bill, I know Wurlitzer/Baldwin makes a 'washed' Oak piano/bench..is this
>what you mean when you use the term 'blonde'?..or are my roots showing?
>Phil

No, BTW didn't your last name used to be "Blondi"? <g> Actually, in
my catalog, oaks are blondes, walnut is brunette, and mahogany is
redhead.

We're having our foliage up here, with nice dry weather.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

Reality is the first casualty of technology
     ...........NPR Commentator Daniel Schorr