blacks???

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:05:30 -0400

At 4:59 PM -0400 10/2/01, Phil Bondi wrote:
>'-' .. kinda looks like a smiley face to me..but us dumb Berklee grads use
>'-' for the minor sign...and 'b' for the flat sign.
>
>College Edumecated.

Golly you're right. Up here in New England, " A- " is actually an A
Minor Triad. It can be stretched as with the A-Mj7, or in the Miles
Davis Blue Tenth, an A-Mj10. It is a lot easier to read, and may even
have appeared of the Real Book, the unauthorized jazz fake book,
first appearing in 1976 and still going strong today. Back then a
standard 1st year Berklee reference book, and by now, in several
other volumes, a classic.

>ps - italicized? .. where's that key?

Actually, with common formatting ability you could send along as an
attachment, the font for Finale, the music notation/composition app.
Petruccio, I'll believe (or something Italian sounding). Then with
that music notation font in the system, the "b" in its font could be
substituted.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I'll play it and tell you what it is later...."
     ...........Miles Davis