Unwrapped ends of bass strings

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 09:52:15 -0400

American string makers (major suppliers) are infamous for making agraffe
ends 1.25" to 1.385" long when ordering by make/model or patterns for
full sets.  Amazingly with individual replacement strings the do NOT
shorten the copper.  When asked why they do that the made person in
charge said he did not know, that was just the way the make them.

The only way I have found to get what I want _was_ to supply only data
sheets.  Now it seems even those are not being followed.

I am confused.  Unfortunately a normal state of affairs for me. :)

Currently I am waiting for direct measurements from the piano for the
second time hoping that information can help prevent the same problem
with a set ready to print.

		Newton