naptha + mineral oil

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@earthlink.net
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:53:14 -0400

Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 07:40:29 -0400
From: "Phil Bondi" <tito@PhilBondi.com>
Subject: Re: naphtha + mineral oil

>     A number of years ago, I worked in a piano shop where the we used a
> mixture of mineral oil and naphtha to lubricate sluggish flanges.  What is
> anyone's opinion on this?
> Gary McCormick

..I'm really glad someone else mention this before me..yes..I use this, and
it works just fine...4 parts naphtha-1 part Mineral oil.

whew,
roo(k)
___________________________________

I agree with the roo(k). I've used this for 30 years with great results and
no adverse effects. However, my formula is 8 parts naphtha to 1 part mineral
oil. My feeling is that 4 to 1 might be too oily and might gum things up. I
don't know for sure...just a gut feeling.

With all the praises for Proteck, I too never felt that it worked any better
than my formula above. Amazing, isn't it, how we techs differ in our ideas,
approaches, opinions,methods etc. ?

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
7262 Angel Falls Ct.
Boynton Beach, FL  33437