Erard Grand Piano

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:35:43 -0400

I have to chime in here to tell a very sad story. a number of years ago =
I was called to by my brother ( a sound system installer) to come to a =
nightclub that he had been contracted by, to look at a piano that the =
owners wanted to get "tuned". This particular nightclub catered to gay =
clientele ( as Jerry Seinfeld said "not that there's anything wrong with =
that!"). The piano was similar to what is being described here. The =
owner's grandma had left it to her and she thought it would be the =
perfect thing to use in the "piano bar" section of the club. The =
instrument needed much TLC and the services of someone like Ed Swenson =
et al. I pleaded with them to remove it from the premises and have a =
proper restoration done or sell it to me. They wouldn't hear of it. The =
last I heard they had removed the action, painted it white and installed =
some electronic keyboard and had many patrons dancing on the lid to the =
booming beat of the  DJ. The action ended up in the dumpster and was =
carted off before I could retrieve it. The club has since long closed. =
Good riddance. May the Erard r.i.p.

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC
philromano@attglobal.net