String rollers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:33:30 -0500

Hi Brian,
              Rubbing with a hammer shank at the angle of the bridge pin to
seat the string, rubbing out the back scale, and rubbing up from the
underside of the forward temination points.   Works for me.  I like to have
the piano about 25 cents sharp before I do this.  I also string and seat
all treble wire before stringing the bass,  that way i can get at the plain
wire without the wound strings getting in the way.   Bass strings I only
over pull 10 cents tops.
Like you say easy does it.  Gently rubbing close to the termination points
saves quite a bit on string levelling.
Regards Roger